We work closely with the UK Border Agency and have our own designated immigration officer. Regular training is carried out for all management and HR at our head office by our officer and his team from the enforcement and joint intelligence unit. They are briefed on how to spot forged passports, IDs, and Home Office letters etc.
We also have a direct line if we are unsure of a potential employees identity and need instant clearance / clarification.
- Application is filled out, which includes the equal opportunities monitoring form and safeguarding declaration form
- We use a checklist which shows the checks necessary as per requirements based on the guidance of safer recruitment in education from DFES
- Documents check e.g. work permit, passport / identification documents etc, as per the document checklist attached with the application form
- Carry out fully enhanced DBS
- Whilst waiting for DBS to be cleared a list 99 check is carried out
The company will not employ any person in ‘regulated or controlled activity’ who is not DBS checked. Positions within schools/colleges require specific checks as per the Safeguarding Children & Recruitment Policy (prepared by DFES).
The aim of our policy is to provide a framework for the company to help protect and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and protect them from harm.
Our human resources department will:
- Ensure the safe recruitment and induction of all staff including all appropriate Enhanced DBS checks and risk assessments
- Advise management on the conduct staff disciplinary investigations if any concerns, disclosures or allegations of abuse by a staff member are made
- Plan, deliver and monitor the appropriate level of training required by all staff
- Be committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with, or come in contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults and to provide appropriate supervision